Inserting Title Block Border

I'm trying to script the creation of multiple sheet layers based on the number of a certain type of object in the drawing, which will be presented one-per-sheet. I can create empty sheet layers fine, but can't yet add the title block.

I have a named TBB style in the file. Should the vs.Symbol function work even though it is a styled PIO?

For someone new to scripting, the Symbol function seems minimally documented. Does anyone have a simple example script that could show it working please?

Particularly, I'm confused about the number of arguments, and how to present ptx and pty as a single argument. I tried to use (name, 0, 0, 0) but got the error there were too many arguments. Curious how the x/y pt is presented as a single argument - or maybe it's not!

Thank you

Thanks Pat. CreateCustomObjectN works perfectly, and I like that method better, so that's me sorted. I think that function will get used a lot!

But tonight I can now iterate through making a sheet, adding a title block, setting the style, adding a SLVP and setting the sheet title. Happy with that.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2023 at 2:00 PM, spettitt said:

Curious how the x/y pt is presented as a single argument - or maybe it's not!

To answer this part of the question, usually this means the x/y is presented to the function as a tuple, like (x,y). A tuple in python basically just an immutable list of values, that can be passed into a function as a variable just like a list or integer of anything. So your code would look something like this:

symbolName = "mySymbol"
p = (x,y)
rotationangle = 180
vs.Symbol(symbolName, p, rotationAngle

On 9/12/2023 at 5:06 PM, Juliensv said:

To answer this part of the question, usually this means the x/y is presented to the function as a tuple, like (x,y). A tuple in python basically just an immutable list of values, that can be passed into a function as a variable just like a list or integer of anything. So your code would look something like this:

symbolName = "mySymbol"
p = (x,y)
rotationangle = 180
vs.Symbol(symbolName, p, rotationAngle

Sorry, this one slipped through the net and I forgot to reply. Thank you! A tuple does make sense now. I've read up on packing and unpacking them and I get it.