Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Display multiple Object Informations in one Textfield

AdrianB

Hi!

I'm new to marionette.

I want to create a network that filters all objects, and displays Information next to them (from Databases, position, etc)

How do i get multiple Informations into a text box for each object? This is how I want it to look, just all the information in the respective object (Name and a coordinate just for example)

Example.thumb.png.c13f477739c0132c16c8eadea1ef73e1.png

However, I would like to just get these Infos in a single Textbox for each object, preferrably with a simple option to add more lines, without weird hacks like manually building a new text and offsetting it.

But when i try to send the strings to a single Text, the information is not displayed at the correct object: Here, both names get shown at the rectangle on the right)

Example2.thumb.png.8aa2ec1f5b91714492222d9eb9c1e4af.png

Trying to combine the inputs before building the text (Example 3) results in all Information displayed at all objects.

Example3.thumb.png.92a58ec5539fc167c8bb61cb197789fa.png

Can someone tell me how i get marionette to build one textbox for each object, with ONLY the information from the correct instance?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Pat, thanks for the suggestion. I already tried that, it has the same effect as my last screenshot, listing all the info at every object, just as a list, not as a single string.

I got this solution via private message, i repost it here so that anyone can see it. Thanks to Letti R

Hello,

for some strange reason i can not post my answer to your question into the forums, thats why i am writing you this message.

Here is my solution to your problem:

grafik.png.a82023a724548daf33da9ddb918c5a68.thumb.png.77bbc6b47df6604627221a01829985f9.png

To be hones i dont think this is a good solution, because it uses a little bit of Python, but it works.

Regards,

Letti