Container size not 'taking' after modification

ajemutt

Hi all!

Trying to resize my containers in the LLM. I've done this dozens of times before in previous versions, but now it's not working at all.

I'm going into the resource manager and choosing my custom LL, editing 2d component, and changing the size of either/both the rectangle or hex. When I exit symbol and refresh my instruments, the change doesn't 'take'. When I go back into the symbol 2d component, it shows my size changes.

Text is scaling AOK.

I created a blank document with a single light to see if maybe my drawing was corrupted somehow, and am having the same problem.

Anyone else having the same issue?

thx!

A

OSX 13.4

M2 Mac Studio

VW 2023 SP5

Are you editing the label legend in through the Resource Manager or the container object?  I just did a quick test and all of my containers update as soon as I leave the Edit Symbol on the container on VW2023 SP5.  Based on your first post, I suspect that you are trying to change the container scaling by editing the Label Legend symbol and scaling the container through the OIP.  This will not work.  As @klinzey noted, those container symbols are just for reference and have no bearing on the final application of the label legend.  What you need to do is edit the container symbol itself.  You can do this while editing the Label Legend, just double click on the container you want to change the scale of, select 2D Components in the Edit Symbol dialog box, and scale the container object from there.  When you exit the symbol edit, you will still be in the Label Legend edit, but it will dump you into a 3D view for some reason.  Just reselect the Top mode from the Edit Component widget.

Initial fixtures with non-scaled container:

image.thumb.png.7ff8ca09592df208434a41c3a5c6971a.png

Label Legend Edit with channel circle selected:

image.thumb.png.c1b3486523f3acaad01db696a5d5eb07.png

Double-clicking the circle container:

image.png.2a34cf4037e3e6d4c8907c8533afe0b9.png

Circle scaled up 1.5x using Scale command:

image.thumb.png.7b5207c5c9f5ca2f3c9446c3396fcf9f.png

Initial view after clicking Exit Symbol:

image.png.afeb90fe9b96a4ddf6311c7588abc1e3.png

Reselecting Top on widget restores Label Legend Edit, showing scale change:

image.png.5875f70813d905e7c3fd7cf925e6cdc0.png