Sidelight Offset

b303lmr

Question

Hi everyone,

When adding a sidelight to a door, I'm getting this obscure offset which I can't find in any of the settings. 

When I turn the sidelight off, the door reverts to sitting directly on top of it's blue handles. Has anyone come across this, or am I missing a setting in the menu?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using VW 2023, SP6.

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 09.01.21.png

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 09.01.30.png

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 09.01.36.png

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 09.01.40.png

2 answers to this question

Im just getting up to speed with Vectorworks BIM and have encountered the same issue. I have a 3760mm wide opening and I want the door leaf to. 1200mm and the sidelight to be remainder of the width but there seems to be no way to fix the leaf size in the overall opening. If you select structural ope it makes the door the full width. Is this a known bug and is there a solution?

We are having the same issue. Have not had the issue in the past and does not appear to happen on all files. 

Opened one file and the doors with side lights on one side only appeared to create a space on the opposite side even if the side light width is set to 0".

It seems to happen once you insert the door into the wall. If you pull the door out of the wall the "box" remains.  Have tried adjusting settings of the doors. Not sure if it is something with the door itself or a bug?

SideLights.thumb.jpg.cffb176430838f4a08a537d7141bd05c.jpg