Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Random scripts reporting errors

SamIWas

This just started a few days ago...

Every time I exit the Plug-In manager after updating a script, several other random scripts report errors in compiling.  If I go to the scripts themselves, they compile just fine.  But as soon as I exit the manager, I get three pop-up windows saying there are errors, mostly "Identifier not declared" when it definitely is.  I even tried removing those tools from my workspace for now just so I could not have the popups every time, but they persist.  It's driving me insane because it adds an extra ten seconds every time I exit the plug-in manager having to click OK on all of the warnings, which is a lot when I'm testing scripts.  

I've also noticed that compiling scripts seems to have slowed down considerably in the last couple of days, coinciding with these errors appearing.  Done a restart and restarted the computer, to no avail.

Has anyone ever run into this and might know a solution?

Edited by SamIWas

Never mind...restarted everything over again, and now everything is lightning fast and no more random errors.  Weird.

EDIT:  Nope...I spoke too soon.  Once I update the script I was working on to event-enabled, I started getting errors from other scripts again.  Are the constant IDs global and clashing maybe?  Do the constant ID numbers have to be unique amongst different plug-ins?

Edited by SamIWas