Autoclass Tags to associated object's class

Is there a way to make data tags turn on and off with their object based on that object's class?

My use case is on Hoist plug-ins, which I have classed by department. I keep my tags on a separate layer for ease of use while designing, but when I turn off certain classes to hide hoists I don't need to see, the tags remain. 

Thanks!

If you always use a particular class for the hoists, then you could use Symbol options for the Data Tag to preset the class that it will be assigned to. Otherwise, I don't think so.

This has come up a few times in the last month or so and looks like a bit of functionality that would be popular.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, markdd said:

If you always use a particular class for the hoists, then you could use Symbol options for the Data Tag to preset the class that it will be assigned to. Otherwise, I don't think so.

This has come up a few times in the last month or so and looks like a bit of functionality that would be popular.

I don't unfortunately, as I have groups of hoists for each department with separate visibility needs on sheet layers. 

My current workaround is to generate my sheet view as I want and then place my tags on the annotation layer, but it makes for a lot of repetitive work if I have to nudge tags around.