Hardscape material 2D and 3D settings

Hello All,

I'm having trouble with the following and would really appreciate some help please.

I draw a simple hardscape and apply a pre-made material of 600x600 paver (UK). The 2D and 3D match i.e. the laying pattern and paver size across the hardscape matches.

In the OIP render settings the mapping settings are greyed out but the scale reads 0.6. Logical. All good so far.

But, if I change the joint pattern size to 800x800, then Top/Plan shows the new correct 800x800 paver pattern, but the 3D hasn't changed. It still shows the 600x600 pattern. The scale has changed to 0.8 though. I can change the joint pattern size to anything and whilst the Top/Plan changes and the texture scale changes, the 3D will only show the original 600x600 pattern.

Is the 3D supposed to change? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Many thanks,

Laurence

Thanks Jeff. 

How do I change the the 3D when all options eg scale are greyed out in the OIP. And why does the scale change but not the actual pattern size?

Seems cumbersome to have to change each separately. I thought materials were designed to make things easier. Surely the joint pattern sizes could be linked?

L

Edited by Devonshire
1 minute ago, Devonshire said:

Thanks Jeff. 

How do I change the the 3D when all options eg scale are greyed out in the OIP. And why does the scale change but not the actual pattern size?

Seems cumbersome to have to change each separately. I thought materials were designed to make things easier. Surely the joint pattern sizes could be linked?

L

You are hitting a bunch of topics all at once.  You should probably try the Materials workflow if you want your 2D and 3D to match all the time.

Using the Hardscape tool's Joint feature with Textures doesn't work the way you would like to.