Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Master Classes Control Files

hharker

Hi there all,

At our office we use a master classes file, that is referenced into all of our drawings, where all class attributes can be centrally controlled and propagated throughout drawing packs. 

However right now we're having to use two - one for the design files (showing various line colours for easier drawing), and the other for Sheet/Print Files (with a restricted printable line colour palette - mainly red  / black / grey)

It's a bit of a pain having to have two of the these (as they quickly go out of sync with each other, as classess are added or modified) - so I'm writing on the forum to ask if anyone has found a way around this - to just have one master classes file?

I'm also open to completely different ways of controlling classes across drawing packs - as I expect the tech has moved on so open to better ways of doing this.

Thanks in advance!

Ross

Do you keep the same sheet layer viewports for all your drawings, or are you creating new viewports each time?  Because you can override class settings in each viewport to use certain line weights and fills in the viewport.  That way, your drawing classes stay as they are, and you can apply appearance overrides to your sheet viewports.