Who has need for Live Sync with both Blender and D5 Render?

MattWhite

Question

I would love to see Live sync with both Blender and D5 Render.  Blender and D5 render have become my go to applications for Rendering, and It gets tiresome to constantly re-export a model from VW and than re-import / update it in Blender and D5 Render.   It usually takes me a number of tries to to get the bugs out off the model.  I just a long process which could be abbreviated with Live Sync.

• Like 3

Have been testing D5 render past couple of days, and I must say its new scatter tool is very impressive, managed to fill a forest and no noticeable lag, as in Lumion/Twinmotion (even with their culling capabilities).

Some caveats:

- needs a decent graphics card (I'm on an RTX 3060Ti), website says RTX, or any of Nvidias DirectX Ray Tracing (DXR) graphics cards

- and yes, only Windows

- some exports of DTMs translate over as flipped normals making the grass/nature elements scatter on the wrong side of the mesh. Only noticed with converting old VW versions to 2024. The fix is to regenerate the DTM (copying out site data, and recreating Site Model)

++Pluses:

- A lot of ready to use high quality 3D assets/trees

- Fast render times in my testings (images below took about 1m30sec each for 4k)

- A good number of example scenes to work with

- Pricing is very competitive compared to Lumion and Enscape, can't beat Twinmotion though, as thats FREE now.

--Minuses:

- needs a good (read expensive) graphics card

image.thumb.png.3ea356d75d32ac0d6d27871dd67d15f5.png

image.thumb.png.de4cdc450bb4b978b3432dfb2247e725.png

image.thumb.png.a392f1681f4db3d0ffdeb5cd851964a7.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, twk said:

some exports of DTMs translate over as flipped normals making the grass/nature elements scatter on the wrong side of the mesh. Only noticed with converting old VW versions to 2024. The fix is to regenerate the DTM (copying out site data, and recreating Site Model)

Great tip!

• Like 2

Hi! We're happy to announce that the beta test for D5-Vectorworks LiveSync starts this week, with the aim of addressing concerns from our many Vectorworks fans. Now, we are excited to invite the initial group of beta users and let’s experience the growth of the Vectorworks plugin together.

If you're interested, please don't hesitate to join our Discord channel for updates and discussions. Channel Entrance. We value your feedback and look forward to collaborating with you!

• Like 1