Undo command duplicating symbols and polygons version 2021

Petaro1

Question

Hello

I'm using Vectorowrks 2021 on Windows 11

A few months a go I had to reinstall the program onto a new laptop and ever since I've had a recurring problem with the undo command. Most commonly if I move a plant symbol and then undo the move it will simply create a new plant in the original location and leave the original symbol in the new undesired location. It hasn't been a big deal so I've just been avoiding it or deleting the extra plant when I need to. However occasionally it happens to polygons when I'm using the fill tool which is a problem because I can't always detect it as the polygons will be on top of one another. If I need to calculate the sq ft I may get twice the number without realizing it.

Really hoping I can find a solution as the undo is such a powerful tool that I hate to avoid. I've looked around the forums but haven't found this problem yet.

thanks

1 answer to this question

A couple of suggestions:

1.  Run the Vectorworks Updater (in the Vectorworks Application folder) and click the More Option button at the middle right and choose Repair. Maybe that will fix the issue.

2. Go to Vectorworks Preference and click the Reset Preferences button (bottom left??)

3. Quit VW, Rename you User folder, Restart VW.  A new clean user folder will be created.

4. Do a complete uninstall/reinstall.

Also always good to know what operating system we are discussing. You might want to follow the instructions in my signature to add your information to your signature.

HTH