Universal Block Parameter Changes

ktucker

If I have XX copies of a block in a CC drawing, for example 150 Sony monitors PN: ABCD.  If the PN on the monitor changes to EFGH, is there a way to change parameters on all instances of those monitor blocks without needing to update each block individually?

In other words, can you access the back end DB of blocks and update that block universally with minimal clicks?

Thanks.

I would like a feature request in that when you commit an edit a block parameter, you get a dialog where it asks "edit for this instance" or "all instances".  If you select "this instance" then it saves the current block as a new block, "all instances" would change all instances of that block.

Appreciate the help.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@ktucker that's certainly something we can think about. However I have one plea - can we use ConnectCAD terminology here. "block" is not a term we use to refer to anything in Vectorworks or ConnectCAD. So to avoid misunderstandings let's talk about devices, sockets, equipment items etc.

TIA

Conrad

• Like 1