Window /door schedule using Graphic legend

I am trying to use the Graphic legend tool for the first time to do a window and exterior door schedule.

A question I am hoping to get help with:

How do I have the doors and windows all lined up by floor level?  My garage door is 2.2m head height and all the others are 2.0m so currently the garage door is not lined up with all the others.

It will be good to get this working as I can already see that it is much faster than how I was previously doing things!

Thanks

Sharon

Still hoping someone can help me with this - screenshot attached for clarity.

I want my garage door sill to be aligned with the sill of the doors and the floor level.  They are both showing correctly aligned in the elevations so not sure why its doing this in my graphic legend.

ScreenShot2023-06-14at9_45_56AM.thumb.png.615990832b70c1f5b204574f95e337be.png

I really want to use this tool as it is clearly the most efficient way to do a window drawing if you can get it to work properly but I am still having issues.  I have tried altering which dimensions show but still can't get the sill of my garage door and the other windows and doors to line up - they are correct in the model.

Also, I have one window that is showing correct on the floor plan and in any other 2d or 3d views of the building, but is reversed in the graphic legend, putting the opening sash on the opposite side to where it actually is.  

I am almost at the point of abandoning the graphic legend too which would be a shame but it is just wasting time at this point.

Does anyone have any more ideas for me to try?

Thanks

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 5:56 PM, SharonP said:

I really want to use this tool as it is clearly the most efficient way to do a window drawing if you can get it to work properly but I am still having issues.  I have tried altering which dimensions show but still can't get the sill of my garage door and the other windows and doors to line up - they are correct in the model.

Also, I have one window that is showing correct on the floor plan and in any other 2d or 3d views of the building, but is reversed in the graphic legend, putting the opening sash on the opposite side to where it actually is.  

I am almost at the point of abandoning the graphic legend too which would be a shame but it is just wasting time at this point.

Does anyone have any more ideas for me to try?

Thanks

Sharon

We struggled early with this one.  For the Graphic Legend to work as we'd like to see it, with each Leaf Type represented with their respective ID Labels underneath (single or multiples) , the only way we could figure it out to work correctly is to Report the Legend Source by Style/Symbol Name, Sort it by ID Label, and then create a separate symbol for each door/window "Type" within the project.  Because the Graphic Legend reports it by the symbol, and not by each instance of the door/window, if you have parameters of the door/window that can be changed without affecting the actual symbol, the Graphic Legend will not reflect any of those changes you make in the settings of each plug-in object.

In each different door/window symbol, we lock all the parameters save for a few... for example, we specifically turn off all the trim and sills in the symbol so they don't show up in the Graphic Legend, but in the model we turn them on for each window so it is visible in the model and our elevation drawings.  Otherwise, all other parameters are locked with the symbol so we don't accidentally make a change to a door/window that doesn't reflect in the Graphic Legend.  Specifically that includes sizes!   

Hope this explanation of our solution helps.  

Otherwise, I have no clue...