WORKSHEETS - IF statements, Including INSYMBOL and INOBJECT

Hey Folks

I have a few worksheets that count using an If statement.  By using this I can determine whether to count all objects or objects in a predetermined area.  The area is defined by an object with a particular name. 

This works:

=DATABASE(IF((D1='all'), (PON='BrxHoist'), ((PON='BrxHoist') & (LOC=D1))))

In cell D1 I enter 'ALL' to count evertything or 'object name' of a polygon that defines the area to count.

However, I want to also count objects that might be in a symbol (like a lighting tower symbol with 4 fixtures and a truss upright), or in a plugin object (like all the truss within a hanging position.)

Whenever I add INSYMBOL and INOBJECT terms I manage to break the formula....is this possible within an IF statement?  Do I have to add it outside of the statement?

Example file attached.

Thanks in advance.

_HTH truss report example.vwx

I don't think you are going to be able to accomplish what you want. At least not the way you want it.

The worksheet parser rearrnages the INSYMBOL, INOBJECT, and INVIEWPORT tokens to the front of whatever you are doing. There is a Bug/Enhancement Request filed on this last year. No word on when it might be changed.

I have tried a number of options trying to use CONCAT in a cell and in the database formula with no success.

The only other option I can think of would be to use a Worksheet Script to create the database formula and store it into database row.  But I am not certain how that would impact the recalculation of the worksheet.

Let me know If you want to try that route and I can give you some pointers.