Data tags getting even worse.

DSmith2300

Question

Really struggling with data tags in new and exciting (frustrating) ways. 

They seem so unresponsive to change or even doing their basic job of 'seeing' an object (plants in my case).

They won't do as they're told to change text size or layout.  I set the tag layout to be the size of text that I want, but it just does whatever it feels like, not matching the rest of the text sizing in the same annotation layer.  I try making it bigger as a universal setting in the symbol/plug-in Object and try to get them to listen to that... nope.  Individual changes to tags? Nope. No change. I've played with scale settings to no avail.  (edit: I've played with scale some more and now that I've gone bigger and then back down slowly to 1:1, it's suddenly working. BUT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS)  

Also, no matter how I draw them (to / from) I then have to grab them again and drag them around to force them to 'see' a plant and even then it's only if they touch the exact centre of a plant symbol. Double handling is a real time-suck. Doesn't matter if I'm in a design layer or a VP annotation layer.  AGAIN: I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO THIS. 

I though they were the way forward but I'm wasting heaps of time trying to get them to display. I might have to go back to plant tags, which I detest as it means being forced into more juggling of visible layers / classes throughout multiple VPs  / Sheets.

If I try to change the tool settings up top it says "You have chosen a data tag definition that has no object associations".  What the hell does that mean?!?!?!

Are plants not valid objects any more? 

Edited by DSmith2300

1 answer to this question