creating a sloped surface with 3 plateau's as a rooftop park- help...

Well if pulling my hair out would help I would be bald....

I am trying to create a multilevel rooftop park with step access from ground level for rendering purposes mainly. 

It has three different 'true levels' and then slopes in between those levels. The building is an odd shape, I intend to use the wall tool to make the walls - mostly glass. God help me there are steps on three of the building sides to bring pedestrians into the space from ground level- though if I can sort the rest of the roof I reckon I could bodge something ugly together for that... 

I have a feeling you can't stack site models, so I've not delved too deeply into that.

I cannot get a mesh to play ball, and of the chamfered edges to help and I'm unsure on how I could combine both curves and straight lines in 3d to create some sort of useful editable 3d poly, though I would dearly love to know because I reckon I would be away then?

Can anyone help? Have I gone insane?

I need tea... again.

Tried to upload the file- can't. so here is a dropbox location for it https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rn9vmwfhzhp13o3/AACOTzpyTvagkkJle-5TO8tja?dl=0

Working on 2023 service select landmark licenseNP VW forum.vwxNP VW forum.vwx

Edited by Amber Hine
1 hour ago, Amber Hine said:

I have a feeling you can't stack site models, so I've not delved too deeply into that.

There are a few strategies you can use.

Options....

a. Place your site models for each level in separate files and reference them into you main file.

a1. Place your site models for each level on separate design layers and carefully manage site modifiers, plants, etc....

b. Create your site model for a particular level, make a copy of it once you are happy with it.  Ungroup the copy and you will have a nice mesh of the site model to use.  Repeat for each level.  The intact site model will serve as a backup in case things change.

c. Use the Subdivision or Loft tools to develop a surface for each level.

It's a bit hard to see exactly what the desired final result is here, but one of the above techniques will get you where you want to go.  Site models are easier to texture with sketched or other graphics with the bonus that plants and landscape areas will find their correct level.  I would use option A personally.

Some related techniques you might find helpful....

• Like 2

You could play around with putting each site model on its own layer for the 3 park levels as suggested above? If i'm understanding correctly?

Then using hardscapes, with targetted design layer modifiers, for both the hardscape and the site model. ie:

- each level will have additional design layers specific to it, for restricting modifiers to each site model DTM

Do you have sections/sketches to show your intention?

Edited by twk