Shaded Render Mode not Rendering in Viewport

JacquiB

Question

Hi All, 

I have some 3D views set up with the background render set as shaded, foreground render set as hidden line. See the below image PRE update, this is how the image is meant to look. image.thumb.png.8a58d5880ff5ca534cfaa488f743fb86.png

Following image is after updating the image, no other settings have been updated or changed.

image.thumb.png.736b66b2f932228f06a83068be2fb0c6.png

Various trouble shooting variations show that the shaded view is not showing at all. I have tried closing Vectorworks and reopening & restarting computer. I recently had problems with Vectorworks crashing when I attempted to create a section viewport, to solve this I deleted my Vectorworks preferences in the application support folder. This might have had an impact however I am not 100% certain. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

Jacqui

3 answers to this question

For the benefit of others (if you also have the same problem)... My design Layers were also glitchy - I seemed to have some sort of really large or glitchy geometry, if I zoomed extents there was a 'line' across the screen, the actual model was too small to see. After deleting this the viewports have resolved. 

• Like 1

It looks like you experienced the "Far Out" problem.  Having objects more than about 5Km from the drawing origin can cause accuracy issues. It sounds like your very long line hit this limit.

The work around is to use Georeferencing if necessary so you can display the units as what you want but still have the drawing objects near the origin.

• Like 1
On 4/8/2023 at 3:19 PM, Pat Stanford said:

It looks like you experienced the "Far Out" problem.  Having objects more than about 5Km from the drawing origin can cause accuracy issues. It sounds like your very long line hit this limit.

The work around is to use Georeferencing if necessary so you can display the units as what you want but still have the drawing objects near the origin.

Thanks for the explanation of what happened - very helpful to know what is actually happening.