Additional Symbol Options setting: Scaling

Tom W.

Question

This is a very small thing + perhaps of no consequence to anyone else but me: I would like the 'Scaling' setting for symbols to be an option in the 'Symbol Options' dialog. I have several symbols that I always scale asymmetrically after insertion + having the Scaling setting preset to 'Asymmetric' would save me a couple of clicks each time. That's it! So rather than the default in the OIP always being 'None' I'd like in the Symbol Options to be able to set it 'Asymmetric' (or 'Symmetric' of course).

So this is similar in some ways to Data Tag styles where you set up the scaling options ahead of time + specify what you want to see in the OIP for each tag.

The default would be 'None' so 9 times out of 10 you wouldn't touch it + it wouldn't affect anyone else but if like me you DO want certain symbols to always be scalable it would make life  a little bit easier.

Thank you.

• Like 3

4 answers to this question

Hey,

I also use scaled symbols very often because you can get a good quantity takeoff with them.

Unfortunately, the input for the scaling can only be done via the information palette.

I would find it extremely useful if you could also scale the symbols graphically in perspective-view.
Scaling of symbols works in 2D-view, but not in 3D.

In principle, I mostly scaled relatively simple geometry, so scaling the Boundig Box is "enough" for me.

Greetings from Germany

Tobi

Hi Tom,

yes you are, right scaling works only for 2D-symbols.

I would love to see interactive scaling for 3D / hybrid-symbols.

If you build your 3D-symbols the right way (not every geometry works),

you can get relative good result, if you scale it.

For this kind of symbols, workflow would be much faster, if you could

scale interactive.

Edited by Tobias Kern
  • Like 1