Window sills - Direction

Dear All, 

I am attempting to insert a window sill as part of the window tool.

When I click on the 'sill' button the sill appears under the window, however it is facing the wrong direction. The external face of the cill faces internally into the building.

When I click the 'flip' button for the window, the window may flip but the sill remains in the same place (facing the wrong direction). 

Please see the attached screen shots of the plan and section of the window.

Does anyone have a work flow which can place the sill facing in the correct direction? Is it part of a wall setting which I have set out incorrectly?

Thank you,

Plan.png

Section.png

If you select the Wall which way is the arrow pointing? Is the left side of the wall the outside + the right side the inside? I'm pretty sure the sill can only project on the left side of the wall so is there any possibility your wall components have been constructed back to front...?

• Like 1

No probs yes I would edit the Wall style so that the components are in the right order (you can drag them in the '#' column - '1' wants to be your external/left side component) then use 'Reverse Sides' button in the OIP to turn the already-inserted Walls back around (you can do all the Walls in one hit).

• Like 1