A little advice on a new build for Spotlight/Vision.

I'm pretty sure this gets asked quite often, I've had a basic look around the forum but can't find a good answer. I currently use a MBP 2017 2.9 i7 with 16gb and a Radeon Pro 560 4gb for my VW work. It's mostly using Spotlight and Vision but the models I'm making/being given are getting pretty busy and slowing the machine down. Whilst I'd like to keep the MBP as a portable solution I need to make a desktop machine that I can use at home. My budget for MB + CPU + cooling, GPU, PSU and RAM is in the region of £1k. I know this is small and if I have to push it a little to get a sizable gain then I can but only if it really makes a real difference. What are peoples recommendations? Refurbs considered...

It's been nearly 15 years since I last built up a PC system having moved across to mac so I'm very out of date. Whilst I'd love to buy a new M2 machine it's just not going to happen so any suggestions greatly received.

Many thanks, Matt