hardscape modifiers is controlled by Datum and cannot be edited causing wrong cut and fill and other issues

TJV

Please correct me if i am wrong and please help if there is another way. 

When creating a new hardscape, its convenient to have the datum on top of paver so that my layer elevation is top of paver. but this causes the site model to Z fight with top plane of paver and my cut and fill is inaccurate. But when i set the datum to bottom of paver aggregate or the bottom most component, the site model sits where it needs to be but if my site model has elevations around the paver that is above top of paver those are left as is instead of it working like a retaining edge. 

Question :

1. Is there another way to edit site modifiers that are build into hardscape ?
  2. Can it be retaining edge modifier 
  3. am i doing it all wrong ?

It was the case + sounds like it still is that the built-in Hardscape modifier (top) is not the same as a Pad With Retaining Edge modifier in that it is actually a planar object which doesn't 'excavate' the site like the pad with retaining edge modifier does. You need to use a Pad with retaining edge modifier to excavate the site first then place the hardscape separately. The Hardscape modifiers are more for quick visuals I believe.

• Like 1