Custom Title Block

Hi There, 

I am looking to organise our cover page sheet list by drawing type, We have a simple 100s classification for our sheet numbering this informs what sort of drawing it is. 

Does anyone know how i might create a report to have the drawing type heading (General, Plans, Sections etc) above the sheets number rather than next to them? 

I am struggling to understand how you would structure the report. That would still allow for the report to be recalculated/new sheets added. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated ! 

image.png

Assuming that you only have the six sections shown (or at least a reasonable number of sections) then the "easiest" way would be to make a single worksheet with six different database row with the criteria for each row to return only the sheets that belong to that section.

Alternatively, and a way more complicated solution, is to use the Database By Script command. Write a Vectorscript or Python Script that will run through your list of sheets and define exactly what should be displayed for every row in the database.

The nice part about that is you could theoretically have it add or delete unneeded sections.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Pat, 

Unfortunately I have zero understanding of scripting and wouldn't know where to start. would you know of anyone that could help? 

It seems like a lot of work for a simple thing of inserting a heading above a group of sheets dont you think? 

Do you know what criteria you would input to achieve the first option? returning only sheets that belong in that section (100s,200s,300s)?

Thanks again. 

If you are using Title Block Border objects, then it is pretty easy, you can use 'Sheet Data'.'Sheet Number' Starts with L1,   Starts with L2,   etc. for as many different database sections as you need. You can put whatever labels you want on Spreadsheet Cell rows between the Database base Rows.

image.png.ec0423eb1fd267104e3cd025769aaaef.png

I can send you my test file, but probably better to struggle through on your own file. The above shows basically everything I have in the test file.

• Like 1