Unable to add distributed weight to VW Curved truss

Wood

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Does the circular truss have a weight, there is a known issue at the moment where if you don't define a circular trusses weight at creation it can't changed later, this will prevent a successful calculation.

Otherwise as far as i can tell a my end it is working correctly and I can attach a distributed load. The only tricky thing is that the distributed load tool only draws straight lines so you need to be careful to draw in small segments that stay within the trusses geometry.

if this doesn't help or you continue to have problems please post a file and I'll have a look

10 hours ago, jcogdell said:

Does the circular truss have a weight, there is a known issue at the moment where if you don't define a circular trusses weight at creation it can't changed later, this will prevent a successful calculation.

Otherwise as far as i can tell a my end it is working correctly and I can attach a distributed load. The only tricky thing is that the distributed load tool only draws straight lines so you need to be careful to draw in small segments that stay within the trusses geometry.

if this doesn't help or you continue to have problems please post a file and I'll have a look

That's the issue, I was trying to give the circular truss a weight within it's OIP. That's an unfortunate bug! I'll recreate the radius truss with a weight at creation then, thanks for the tip. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2023 at 1:38 AM, jcogdell said:

Unless you are planning to use custom built circular trusses use the standard truss tool with manufacturer based curved truss sections, that should avoid the problem

Where can I find a 20' diameter 12" curved truss from Tomcat? I'm not seeing anything in the premium libraries or VW libraries. Thank you. 

Edited by Will Sutliff