2022 - Issue with truss counts on worksheet

livespace josha

Question

Running into some issues with worksheets correctly reporting truss counts.

The issue seems to revolve around duplicating hanging position with a truss in it. Happens when you create the hanging position and “Use Geometry” or “Create Symbol”

I’ve tried every iteration of worksheet criteria and parameters and still see the issue.

Sample file attached showing the issue.

Tried the exact same setup on 2023, and all worked fine. If I open the 2022 file in 2023, the issue persists. If I import that worksheet into a new 2023 file, it all works as intended.

truss count issue.vwx

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

As Josh stated above, there is an issue with getting access to the truss record when the truss is part of a hanging position.  It also does not work with specifically looking for that symbol in other symbols. 

I do have question about formula syntax in regards to truss counts.  The Tyler truss symbol in the VW library has a model name with apostrophe after length designation. Example below:

=COUNT(('Truss Record'.'Model Name'='TC2020-120B'))- This works as there is no apostrophe used as a foot designation. 

=COUNT(('Truss Record'.'Model Name'='12x12 Standard Bolt 10''))  - Does not work.

The worksheet does not recognize this model name where the 10 (') is designating the length in feet, and another (') designating the end of the name ('name of model').

My syntax skills are not good, so any advice would be helpful. 

Thanks! 

-nick