Where to start with site modifiers in 2023

kawchman

Did something change in 2023? I used to build simple site models and be able to put site modifiers down and have the model update and grade around everything. I have watched countless youtube videos and am seeing people put down pad and retaining wall modifiers on their site and the site model is reflecting those changes. For the life of me I can't get anything to work on my site model. It seems a lot of the learning resources are for previous versions from years ago. Is there a good place to start with the site modifiers for 2023? I'm just so frustrated because I see people doing it so easily and literally nothing works for me. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I dunno. 

Thanks. 

Not sure it is much different from your previous versions.  Seems to work mostly as expected for me anyway, with some improvements in 2023.  Here is the usual advice:

1st:

Be sure to update the Site Model (DTM is easier acronym) to enable any changes (adding modifiers, etc).  Click the Update button in the OIP.

Usually the DTM will have a red bounding box, and red text in the OIP "Update" button if update is needed. But sometimes no red warning, so update anyway if something not showing as expected.

Another thing:

Modifier status might depend on layer(s) you place your modifiers.  You can configure the DTM to allow or ignore modifiers on certain layers.

Select the DTM. In the OIP, click the Site Model Settings button.  Click the pulldown menu at Use Site Modifiers on:  In the menu, choose something appropriate.  The lowest option (Select Layers) offers choices among all the design layers.

Post back as needed. Hope this helps.

-B

DTM Settings.png

Edited by Benson Shaw
over the bounding box main
  • Like 1