Rendering Camera match object in any Renderworks mode returning black viewport

Mikael R

Question

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem. Using Camera Match to put a model in my aerial picture I get nice renderings from Camera match only if I use rendering mode Shaded for the final rendering. se picture 1 below. If I tel Camera match object to render in any rendtrworks mode for example , Fast rendtrworks, I get a black picture bakgrund with no model in it and no background picture. Only the Camera Match Mask items and Camera Match Shadows are visible in the rendering. se picture 2 below. Is there some on that can help me with what I am doing wrong. I am on VW 2022 designer. 

Regards

Mikael

2089883068_Pic1RidcenteromlokaliseringShaded.thumb.jpg.11aef8da6d3f7ac7329aec53d730a6d8.jpg

1031150120_Pic2RidcenteromlokaliseringRenderworks.thumb.jpg.a1f0f979c45f3ea183554f204c40100a.jpg

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 2/11/2023 at 6:55 AM, Mikael R said:

Thank you for offering me help. I will send the file to you. I have not used the Cameramatch plugin since it was a separate sold plugin from your firm so I am probably making som errors in the setup.

Regards 

Mikael Rojek

No problem.

I took a look at your file and was able to render it using Custom Renderworks with the default setting (all the popups set to "Low", etc).  It did take a long time to render on my aging 2018 MacBook pro but it did not have the black background issue.  I also tried "Fast Renderworks" and it worked as well.  I give "Final Renderworks" a shot when I have some time.

My initial thought is that you're running low on memory.  Have you tried restarting Vectorworks and rendering the viewport?

15 minutes ago, Matt Panzer said:

No problem.

I took a look at your file and was able to render it using Custom Renderworks with the default setting (all the popups set to "Low", etc).  It did take a long time to render on my aging 2018 MacBook pro but it did not have the black background issue.  I also tried "Fast Renderworks" and it worked as well.  I give "Final Renderworks" a shot when I have some time.

My initial thought is that you're running low on memory.  Have you tried restarting Vectorworks and rendering the viewport?

I just tried with Final Renderworks and it worked as expected there as well.  I do see the black background for quite awhile until the rendering is completely finished and the screen redraws.

2 minutes ago, Matt Panzer said:

I just tried with Final Renderworks and it worked as expected there as well.  I do see the black background for quite awhile until the rendering is completely finished and the screen redraws.

Hold on!  My tests were all done in Vectorworks 2023.

I'll give it a shot in 2022 SP5...