Rendering with CLASS attribute Texture?

blimey

HI! Does Any body has a better way of doing this?

- Say I have a file with 8 referenced layers from 8 different files. 1 file is for the site (DTM model), the 7 others for the floors.

- In all layers I create objects by using their class attribues.

- In my final file, I reference all the layers to obtain a 3D model. I create a model view in a local layer with all the layers linked.

- then I want to use RW in that final file to render my model. So I assign texture to each classes : DTM triangle class is assigned a grass texture with an jpg image. Walls classes are assign with a jpg image of bricks... and so on.

- Now the problem is that I cannot map the textures on e.g. the wall because my walls (that are on the referenced layers) are locked. So I cannot go in the Render tab and use the "mapping". Therefore the jpg never match the object and the rendering is very bad.

- The only way I've found to do is to assign the texture to the object in the original file. Then it appears correctly mapped in the client file. The problem is that if I have to do so : 1) it is a lot of work as I have to do it per objects in all the referenced files. 2) That ruins the whole concept of the class attribute by creation.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

The only solution is to WGR>remove Layers & keep them in the new file then apply the Class attributes. Then 'save as' a newer version of the file. The original files & layers will not be changed.

Render the new file ... if there are any corruption issues you can always recover from the originals.