Seating Secion Tool

Jim Genette

Question

hi, i am having an issue when i go to use teh seating section tool and it casues my computer to go into teh wheel of death until it eventually closes and does not save my work event though I am clisckin on saving my work every 15 minutes. This is a brand new Dell so it has plenty of horse power and video RAM.

we do have som custom furniture, so not sure if that is causing it. It happens randomly and on a large floor plan and the tool will work sometimes and not others, so I do not think it is an issue with the file itself.

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The most likely cause is the custom furniture symbols, if they have a lot of heavy geometry (meshes, NURBS etc..) it can have a big performance impact on seating section, due to the number of symbol instances that the section can contain. The size of the seating sections can also have a big impact on performance.

In the case of the custom furniture make sure that the 3D geometry component is made up of generic solids and look at the level of detail of the symbol