QTVR panoramas

Turpialito

Hello, listers.

I posted this topic to the VW discussion list, but didn't get an answer, so I'm gonna try it here, where it would seem more relevant. I tried exporting a QTVR panorama. I know 90 degrees will tilt from the horizon upwards and -90 downwards, but I tried entering 180 degrees so as to have a complete tilt, but VW keeps bouncing me. Is there any way to obtain a full 180 tilt? Also, is there any software that will allow me to place a "connection point" (I believe Apple's QTVR authoring studio calls them "nodes") from one pano to another? QTVRAS only stitches brand-new panos out of stills, but can't node already-created movies.

TIA,

Luis E. Hernandez

A R C H I T E C T

I saw your request when you posted it. I thought somone might know more than me and explain it. But since they haven't, I'll try my best.

A QTVR pano is a photo mapped onto a cylinder you can look up a bit but not completly, as the photo is not mapped onto a dome.

0? is straight ahead. 90 is straight up, looking at the ceiling. -90 is stright down looking at the floor. that's all you have to worry about, 180? doesn't make sense as it takes you past the vertical. Remember that the pano also goes around so it doesn't make sense to go past vertical.

Yes, each pano is called a node, and you need a separate program to join nodes together and to make the connections in a pano...