Hanging Position with different 2D and 3D locations

DRS

Hello,

I have made a hanging position with a single line and an extruded circle as a pipe. I have made the hanging position so when a user is in Top/Plan view, the hanging position is shown as a single line, and when the user moves to a 3D view (front, right, back, etc.) the single line goes away and the 3d pipe is shown. I have also made it that the 3D pipe is in the correct location, but the 2D line is flattened out, making it that everything can be seen on a plot size paper, but when in 3D, the pipes are in the actual locations. So far I have that working. Where I'm having issue is when I attache a lighting instrument to it. In 2D view everything works as it should. I can place the instrument on the lighting position and everything goes from there. The 3D view is where I am having the issue. When I move to a 3D view, the lighting position move to the location in which I set, but the lighting instrument remains in the same spot. Is there a way to have it so when I place the lighting instrument in 2D plan view, it works as it normally would, but when I move to 3D view, is move to the same location as the lighting pipe. I am working with Vectorworks 2019.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes,

So we created schematic views to achieve what you are trying to get done. I would recommend keeping all 2d/3d geometry aligned and using schematic views to generate offset 2d graphics of where the lights are located (Schematics can be moved around).

If you don't like schematics you can use multiple viewports to achieve the same effect.

Best wishes

Tom W