Viewport issues after Importing

NicolaThread

Question

Hello, I have a problem with my viewports.  I imported a .dwg, which I then deleted as it wasn't what I needed. I then imported a pdf of the drawing I needed and scaled it to the correct size etc.  I then went into a sheet layer, and the viewports I had set up before importing anything have gone completely awry.  They were set with the correct scale and had annotations etc in, and were within the boundaries of an A1 sheet size.  They are now massive, I can't see anything in them and my annotations have disappeared... or the viewport is so big that I can't find them!  Please help :(

2 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

It sounds like you had the Scale Entire Drawing check box checked when you scaled the DWG.

Always best practice to import into a blank file and then either copy/paste in the the file you need the data in or Reference from the "shuttle file".

Thank you Pat, yes it was a scale problem - I managed to find everything in the viewports but they were so massive it took a while to find all the elements.  Sorted now though.  Thanks again!