Goto tool (locate tool/info tool/find tool)

Will

Question

I would like a tool that I can use in a sheet layer pr a design layer that will allow me to hover over any object and it will tell me what layer and class the object is on as well as other information like tags etc. If there are multiple overlapping things they pop up as options. This tool will ignore groups and viewports and report on the actual element that it is hovering over. If I click the popup window becomes permanent and I can click inside it to go to the layer or activate the class or change the visibility options for that class or layer. If I double click I go straight to the object activating whatever design layer it is on and going into edit group mode if necessary. In a section viewport, it will report on the object that is being sectioned rather than on the lines that have been drawn by the section cut tool.

IMG_64E80570EB74-1.thumb.jpeg.aa9083bcb30d6e8acd73d252a96fc0c1.jpeg

• Like 4

2 answers to this question

This would really help with troubleshooting why things are not showing up in drawings and section views which is a frustrating process currently.

I just had another thought that it would be great if it worked with the V key to show hidden objects and if once the info box thing was fixed you could click on the class name to change the class, same with layer etc. (Although obviously you wouldn't want it to be able to edit classes of lines inside walls or symbols.)

I am imagining it being quick to work with, like the smart options display, not a dialog with OK/Cancel buttons.

• Like 2