Is it possible...

Kurt Magness

I was wondering how "renderworks" fits into vectorworks and the possiblity of different "lightworks options" ? So as I understand it, Vwks licences from lightwks their software and incorporates it into Vwks right ? Then would it be possible for Vwks to have different options of lightwks products ? Like say alot of discussions here talk about radiosity rendering and having to export to say like Cinema 4d to get radiosity. Lightworks has radiosity but not in the version of their software they licence to Vwks. Cinema4d basic does not include radiosity, you purchase that separately with their "advanced rendering" module. You also have to purchase a separte module to animate. All of the high end 3d software I have seen have this type of system to add different features to their programs. So how hard would it be to have a "advanced rendering option in Vwks ? A differnt animation option would be nice too. It seems like Vwks made a decision to go a middle way which is ok for people that kind of dabble in realistic rendering but in reality it gives you taste of what could be and just frustrates the guys that want to take it all the way. Like also the new 3d modeling capabilities (3d powerpack). How many people that use Vwks really use this in day to day work? Should have it been more of a "advanced modeling module" instead of incorporated into the basic program ? How many people really are utilizing nurb modeling ? As an Architect I use all the Vwks tools for my specific industry like the wall tools, 2 & 3d hybrid symbols, the roof tool, etc. ( great stuff ! ) but I give up electrical circuit calculator, wall framer, even the DTM or nurbs for radiosity rendering in a heart beat.