Forgotten

10.1.2 is the third bug fix so far and yet there has not been a fix for "soft" shadows with transparency.

Has RW been forgotten from the product line or what? As a user, I want to know whats the plan with RW. Problems with RW has to be fixed or else the RW module should be dropped from the product line then as a user, I know where I stand.

All I get for RW problems is the buck being passed onto someone else (Lightworks). This is unacceptable. Bug should be fixed. Develope your own rendering engine or something.

I have faith in the NNA folks BUT it is quickly diminishing.

Shaun

• 3 weeks later...

What exactly is the problem you describe? I just rendered a scene that had multiple types of transparency, including an image prop with a transparency mask, using Custom Renderworks with the mapped shadow option selected and it worked perfectly. Can you describe the problem you're experiencing?

Dan J.

Are the edges of your shadows feathered or "hard". Try rendering the same scene but change your Custom RW setting by taking out the transparency option and see if you get the same type of shadows. Then you will see what I mean!

Let me know what the outcome is. I would like to know if I am the only one with this problem.

Shaun.