Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'drawing list'.
Ever since Title Blocks were revamped a couple years ago, I've been unable to create a simple Drawing Schedule (list of sheets) as a worksheet that's linked to my Sheet Layers / Title Blocks. It used to be as simple as pulling record fields from the Title Blocks, but that doesn't seem to work anymore, so I'm obviously missing something. Note that I DO NOT want to use Tools < Reports < Create Sheet List, as this creates an unlinked worksheet (an idea with I completely loathe). In my workflow I constantly re-name and re-number sheets throughout a project, so I need a worksheet that is always up to date without having to manually do anything. I see that it's possible to pull some data from TBBs, as seen in the screenshot of my test below: All I really need is 'Sheet Data'.'Sheet Title' but that doesn't seem to work? For my first column I just used =L in the column header which works fine to pull the sheet layer number. Here's an image of my simple goal, which I had in VW2017: @Nikolay Zhelyazkov @Pat Stanford
So I set up a custom title block based own Andy's description and seems to "kind" of work. When I change sheet name or number in the title block the layer list and the drawing list worksheet follows (after "recalculate). When I do similar change in the layer list it also changes the title block and the drawing list worksheet (after "recalculate). However, when I change the drawing list only title block follows the changes after flipping forth to another layer and back. So what I end up having is a title block tied to layer list with different names. In a nutshell everything is working in all direction except the worksheet not being able to change the data in layer list. Wondering if anybody has stumbled upon this problem.
so after some figuring out I have a custom title block via sheet border, it works with VW sheet list and with my data based drawing list. All three are linked and one changes the other with some prodding (double click, move and shake). One more thing I need to figure out is how to get the sheet/page number in the set, not sheet number like A-100 but page in the set: 1 of 50. Along with that the total number of pages in the set. I can control it now via my data based spreadsheet but its a manual operation (a - change the spreadsheet numbers, then "shake" the title blocks and miracle happens). What I am asking is whether there is a Record Format script definition that can read VW sheet list and interact with it (like: S_Page No:_SN), I tried standard title block and none of the record formats seem to work to that effect. Thanks for any insights