Strange happenings with import of AUto Cad file and 3d loci info for generating a site model

So...

I am trying create a site model for a project using an AutoCad file with 3D information in it.. Using VW22 on a student license, I have checked, it is all up to date.

I have been following this video for how to import an Auto CAD file (https://university.vectorworks.net/mod/page/view.php?id=696), however when getting to the advanced settings regards 3d all the options are greyed out... I am not sure why that would be, perhaps the educational license has so limitations here... or Vectorworks simply doesn't recognise the 3D data in this file. 

The data is there, for some reason on import it moves classes to a different layer/class and is also created as one symbol (image attached below). I have looked at this topic (

), but in reality I am not sure its the same issue, and I'm afraid the steps mentioned I can't figure out without some further guidance anyway.

Anyone experienced something like this and have a suggested solution at all?

Cheers

3d info in symbol.JPG