Newbie light question

Matt Poor

How can I hide the 2d symbol of my lights when I render?

I have a 7 story building with internal and external light sources, and I have a layer link set to display all of them together. I would like to render images from various perspectives, but I always see the symbols from the lights in my renderings.

For that matter, can I hide the working plane as well? Having big pink circles poking through my walls is kind of odd. I can't seem to answer these questions with my manual.

[Confused]

Go to File>Preferences>Vectorworks Preferences and click on the display tab, there is a setting for displaying light objects in wireframe only.

To get rid of the pink circle you will have to turn off the grid. Page>Set Grid>Show grid lines.

[ 03-14-2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: AndyM ]

If you were worried about the 2D light being part of the picture when/if you export the rendered image, they dont actually appear on the exported image [smile]

If it was just cause they were in the way of what you wanted to see...then go to it [smile]

always, nic.