Vectorscript - Command Code in Data tag

matteoluigi

Question

Hi,

I like coding and most of all benefitting from the possibilities of coding additional things.

So I do a little vectorscript, a little Python and of course I insert code in worksheets and the Datamanager.

Actually I need some data stamps and I wonder, why there isn't any possibility of inserting there some code, too. Like getting a substring or an if clause. (concat isn't necessary there ^^)

is there any attempt in that direction?

thank you

Edited by matteoluigi

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @matteoluigi,

As of VW 2022 you can use worksheet syntax in the data tag if you wrap it around #WS_<worksheet code here>#. Whatever you write here should return the same result as you get from a database row of a worksheet for the tagged object.

I think that this is what you were looking for. Let me know if you need any further information.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 minutes ago, matteoluigi said:

great, and how do I check the filename in there? Like IF(FILENAME='*MA*','MA','NOTMA') ^^

- For this you can use the Data Tag General Function for File Name and then the data tag syntax for IF as described here - https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2022/eng/VW2022_Guide/Annotation2/Creating data_tag_styles.htm#h

#FILEN# works well

#WS_Substring(#FILEN#;'_';3)# instead doesn't. The result is "FILEN".

I guess I need to chose a worksheet function for the filename, but I don't find any

(only Title Block related ones, but those don't work either, because a window isn't related to the database informations from the title block)