Problem referencing 3D model for coordination

Jack2022

Question

Hi All,

We have our 3D landscape modelled and wish to bring in the structural engineer's model and architects model (although the architect's is too heavy for my computer!). 

I have imported the structural model from revit into an empty Vectorworks file to create a Vectorworks structural model. I don't want any data from their models. Just generic meshes/solids. I don't want to bring their models directly into ours as it will slow everything down. What's the simplest step by step?

How do I best bring their models into my model as a reference? When I go to Organiser and create new reference linked to that file, while the reference appears in my reference list, the actual model doesn't appear in our model? Nothing just our model. As far as I can tell its not a visibility issue. 

Also why does each element of their model import into Vectorworks as solid black as per below screen shot? I found a way to mass convert all the meshes back to solid fill white bt its not working now. 

Thanks all,

image.png.b4d59b0a76f523a0193a3330a2afb78b.png

1 answer to this question

Ok I have solved the black model issue. This time select all change attribute fill colour worked. Same process as I tried before just this time it worked. 

To be clearer on the referencing: I don't want to combine live geometry of different consultants into ours nor modify any of their geometry - I simply want to have it showing in our model as an inert entity or solid object that can't be edited so it appears in our section viewports as context for our model.