Attempting (albeit poorly) to build a 3D Boardwalk on my site model.

LoisMH

Hi

I'm still a student and only 6 months into using vector works so I still have a lot to learn (especially when it comes to 3D modelling).  I'm trying to build a floating board walk across my site model that is similar in design to this board walk: https://premiersdesignawards.vic.gov.au/entries/2021/student-design/tread-lightly

After modifying the contours on the site slightly I marked out my path for the boardwalk and then used extruded polys duplicated along the path to create the support poles for the boardwalk. I modified the height of some of the support poles by eye (I want the boardwalk to have hills and dips at particular viewpoints) and then I used the 3d polygon tool to mark the path of the board walk across the top of the poles.  Then I drew a simple rectangle and used extrude along path to create the boardwalk surface.  However, because my path is very curved the resulting path is not flat.  That is to say the boardwalk surface tips at an angle as it moves around a curve.  Obviously this would not be safe for walking on in reality and so I was wondering if there was either a way to flatten the path or a better way to construct the boardwalk.

I've now started trying to construct the board walk a different way.  I've built a slightly more detailed 3d shape for the boardwalk supports (It is more Y shaped rather than just an extruded poly - see image below) and then I'm manually drawing in the boardwalk surface across the tips of the Y using the 3d polygon tool.  This has produced a much flatter board walk surface but is very labour intensive and feels inefficient. So I think I'm still missing something obvious.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Lois

image.png