Vectorworks for Civil engineering/piping?

I often work in close collaboration with especially the Civil engineer doing piping of different kinds (not to sure of the English terms here), for stormwater, sewers and freshwater, including retention solutions and calculations. Attached below is a drawing of what a typical drawing might look like. I started my own little firm a year ago and work has been steady so I'm considering hiring the engineer to be able to offer a more complete package. Typically the engineers I've worked with do this very old school with non-intelligent objects in 2D, in AutoCAD. Some have ventured into more advanced modelling in Civil 3D or NovaPoint but it's rare. So I'm contemplating wether anyone here has any experience in Vectorworks being used for this type of work? I guess for regular "dumb" line models in 2D I know what's available but I haven't ventured into the piping parts of the software, although I've noticed there are some tools for this.

image.thumb.png.2fe393b9f717012ce66067bc8340bbcd.png

Edited by Anders Blomberg
  • Like 1