Worksheet to display .jpg/.png of 2D/3D symbol without any linework

Hi, I've had this issue for a while now and hoping there is an easy way to do it that I haven't found - tried searching online but couldn't find any info.

I use 2D/3D symbols for furniture fixings and equipment (FF+E) as part of my landscape workflow, and wish to display the symbols 'drafted' 2d top plan view in plans.

The plans are generally accompanied by a legend that displays these 2D plan views of the symbols and provides a description collected from a record format.

I also provide an FF+E schedule which contains further information about each of the FF+E symbols/items, this schedule is another sheet and does not require the 2D 'drafted' top plan view but does require a product photo image of the 2D symbol.

Just wondering is there's a way to have a photo image included in a 2D/3D symbol and have the ability to show either just the photo image in a worksheet.

Any help or suggestions would be incredible.

Thanks

legend image.png

If you only use a few of the symbols you could probably put the image in the Top/Plan part of the symbol and put it in a class that would be off except when you are recalculating that specific worksheet.  Images in worksheets respond to the current Class Visibility settings when they are recalculated.

If you are going to have a lot of symbols, then you might be better off attaching a Record and storing the file path to the image file in the record. I think you can then use the =Image function to call the image using that path.