3D pipe runs

One simple way to do this is:

1) Create Hybrid Symbols of all fixtures with piping in/out stubbed.

2) Create separate Mech Layer for each floor and set the Z elevation based on 3D orthogonic 30? separation distances best for viewing.

3) Create Mod-Mech Layer with Layer Links , as required.

4) View in 3D orthogonic projection @ 30?

5) Connect all the DWV with various lines & notations , etc.

-

I am trying to create a detailed waste pluming circuit for a multistory building designed in VW and am having problems using the MPE Tool sets (piping runs and piping). The MPE Tools are so limiting in 3D that I am stuck.

I can use the NURBS curve tool and extrude along path 3D piping runs but it is time consuming and although a nice graphical representation, I would like to be able to detail (label and dimension in 3D) the exact locations of all the piping runs pipe couplings and traps.

Dose anybody have recommendations as how to best accomplish this with in VW ARCHITCT?

I am using VW12.0.1 ARCHITECT.

Thank you,

Craig

To clarify... the lines representing the Pipe-Runs are just simple 2d . The only 3D pipes are the various short stub-outs included as part of each appliance symbol ( all the stubs for Supply, DWV & Valves are just simple little 3D library symbols.. mostly NURBS Extrude Along Path). This avoids both the overhead required to create actual 3D Pipe runs, and the elevation issues related to stacking them for 3D presentation. The added benefit is creation of an accurate readable/workable easily plotted Plumbing Isometric sheet.