Gridline bubble arrows

Hi,

I am using gridlines to define cross-frame face position for timer frames, so I want the grid bubbles to have a direction arrow. It is a 3D model with framing members. I have created a bubble with an arrow, and have a degree of control in plan (by mirroring the gridlines along themselves), but in elevation view the bubble arrows all orientate the same way regardless of the plan. Is there a gridline control method I am missing, or another simple way to do this, and keep consistent across multiple views (I am trying to avoid using viewport annotations, which will need lots of editing, and more prone to errors and inconsistencies).

Screenshot explaining a bit more:

https://imgur.com/a/g66NQ2A

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, Mykbee said:

Hi,

I am using gridlines to define cross-frame face position for timer frames, so I want the grid bubbles to have a direction arrow. It is a 3D model with framing members. I have created a bubble with an arrow, and have a degree of control in plan (by mirroring the gridlines along themselves), but in elevation view the bubble arrows all orientate the same way regardless of the plan. Is there a gridline control method I am missing, or another simple way to do this, and keep consistent across multiple views (I am trying to avoid using viewport annotations, which will need lots of editing, and more prone to errors and inconsistencies).

Screenshot explaining a bit more:

https://imgur.com/a/g66NQ2A

Thanks

Grid Line objects can use different Styles from the defining Grid Lines on the design layer.  This allows you to select Grid Lines in the elevation viewports annotations and set them to a different Grid Line Style with the arrow as you need.