Move by points or array? How to fill an area with objects

Hello,

I'm looking to find a simple way to fill an area with an object. Simply put if I had a lighting truss that was 15' long, is there a way I could take a fixture and then set two points and have vectorworks calculate how many objects will go in this space? 

I would find it useful for calculating tiles on a floor, adding truss or even creating LED video walls. 

I can't seem to find the right sequence of questions to google, hopefully someone else has stumbled across this challenge and may have  an answer.

Thanks! 

There is the Duplicate along path Command (edit menu) which will do just what you need. You will need to draw a path such as the length of your 15' truss and then place the Lighting Device at one end. Select the Lighting device and the path and run the command. 

You will neeed to know the width of the lighting device or the spacing you need and then enter the spacing into the dialog box. Once you get the hang of the various settings, then it is dead simple and will give you the results you are looking for.

Edited by markdd
  • Like 2