Door/Window view in RCP

lindamon

Im having trouble with my doors/windows showing up correctly in my RCP. I went through the Training CDs to find out how to produce RCP drawings within the same file and it mentioned making sure the classes are set correctly in the window/door plug-ins. I checked the box that says "wall lines" and assigned a class (Class Style - 4 - which by the way is annoying that I can't actually rename this class. Its hard to remember with class style i have assigned to different components) I was able to turn off that class while in plan so the walls aren't visible but then when I switch to the RCP the doors and swings are still there. If I turn off the "door-main" class which is the class they are assigned - the entire door - including the wall lines (which are on class style-4)disappear. Do I have to assign each componant (door, swing etc) each to their own seperate "class style #"? Is there an easier way to do this so I don't have to fiddle with so many classes each time I insert a door? I read something about the plug-in editor but didn't have any success. It said it was 'locked'.

I am fine with customizing some doors, but don't know how to go about that. help...

Welcome to the wonderful world of boolean logic and Set Theory..

also check out the power of ViewPorts. Please try not to get too frustrated with the steepness of the learning curve. Especially with assignment of Classes to Plug-in Objects. It sucks ... and you get used to it... that what don't kill you will make you stronger .. eh.