windows between floors

machuofm

Does anybody know how to create windows between floors. I'm modeling a house and have the first and second floor set up on different layers that are linked along with the roof. I need to place a window in the stair well the extends through both floors. Is there an easy way to do that? I am able to 'fudge' it by placing a window in both floors and adjusting the styles but there has to be a better way to do it.

You might be able to adapt a technique I use for windows that extend for more than one floor.

- On the bottom storey make the section of wall two storeys high with the window set into it at the required height.

- On the second storey have a section of wall with zero height and a 2D only window symbol in it.

Each Top / Plan view will appear correct and the result in the model will be the 3D wall as you require it.

Clarification on the above post:

- For each floor I have a 3D layer and a 2D layer

- The zero height wall goes on the 2D layer

If the zero height wall is on the 3D layer you will see it in your model view as a black line. Putting it on the 2D layer solves that problem. When you view the floors 2D and 3D layer together the plan looks complete.