Rendering animations in Vectorworks Cloud Services - multiple failures

I'm not having much luck getting animations to render using VW Cloud Services.

A few come back OK but there is a pretty high failure rate, a mixture of:

- render comes back simply wrong (just a static image of the model, or an image of a sheet layer, or something unrecognisable)

- render fails with message "Vectorworks crashed"

- render fails with message "Vectorworks deleted" (?!)

Mostly if I attempt the same render locally, it comes out ok, if rather slowly.

So are there any obvious things I can do to improve the success rate? For example, I'm sending from VW2021, but do the servers render it using VW2022 or something like that? Would it make any difference if the VWX file itself were located in my cloud services folder rather than on my local disk?

Does anything I do in VW after sending the render off have any impact? For example if I edit the file or close it or quit VW before the render comes back?

Anything else?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Yes - I'm also not having success with Cloud rendering. It doesn't update the renders (static not animation). I have them all rendered on screen in Shaded as tests. Then I re-set render type to Redshift interior final. I have the setting checked for update pdf or image. I send it to the cloud but it comes back rendered the same shaded, not updated to Redshift. Can't work out why.

• Like 1