window wall tool?

• 4 weeks later...

Robert, It looks like we were both writing at the same time. I did not see your post about using polylines.

That is a neat trick. I did not know that it could be done. I can see where that would be handy for large free-form window walls.

But in the end, it appears that your suggestion does nothing different than using the Curved Window Wall Tool when one simply wants to produce a single quarter arc window wall.

This is all fine and dandy when dealing with full height window walls. But what I am after is to place a curved window within a curved wall.

Is there a tool which can do this so that the window cuts in, leaving wall above the window and below the window?

In the abscence of such a solution, it seems that I would need to draw three items overlapping one another. First a lower curved wall, then a curved window wall, then an upper curved wall to complete the wall section. (Don't know if this is even possible).

Thanks Robert, boy do I feel stupid for not seeing that.

For plan view, it works great. It does just what it should. However for 3d, it does not cut the wall. In an Open GL view the wall is solid with no sign of the window wall.

If I set the Window Wall higher than the solid wall, then you see it as it extends above the solid wall.

Am I once again not seeing something here?

Robert:

It says Window Wall (Curved) in Wall.

I also note that the mullions thicken upon insertion to the wall. Take the Window Wall out of the wall and they return to normal.

Also, the vertical side mullions are raised. They extend above the top horizontal mullion and extend above the bottom horizontal mullion so that the sides and bottom are not touching.

I am trying to create a curved window at the corner of two walls. IN using the Curved Window Wall tool, it seems to be able to join with one wall, (with unpredictable results). The OIP says Curved Window Wall in Wall.

But can the Window Wall be made to cut and join with both adjacent walls?

For now I have the Curved Window Wall as a stand-alone item with the adjacent walls butting up to each end.

Robert, As far as the Curved Window Wall inserting into a Curved Wall, I cannot get it to work. Sure it drops in and cuts the wall. But it does not do so in the manner that you would expect.

The results are maddening. Can you explain how to accomplish what you claim is possible?

VWA11.5.1, OS10.4.2