Window ID & Window Schedules.

john lee

I'm running into problems with the window schedule function in VectorWorks 11.

Is there a way to edit individual fields in the worksheet after a window has been created? If I convert a window to a symbol, everytime the symbol is inserted, it appears in the window schedule. I'd like to avoid having a mile long schedule with repeat entries for the same window symbol. Therefore, I tried to use the ID command to label windows and afterwards send them to the schedule. However, no matter what I do, the ID shows up in the schedule and refuses to be edited. If I delete the ID label or uncheck it from the "Window Worksheet" box under the OIP, the ID still shows up in the Window Schedule and I don't know how to get rid of it.

I'd really like to edit individual cells in the window schedule. What can I do? And how do you recommend labeling windows and creating window schedules?

Thanks.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The database range in worksheet is read-only; you cannot individually select or edit fields in a database range.

If you want to summarize windows with the same ID, you can do this. Select the database range in your worksheet, then drag the "summarize" icon to the ID column. For more information on how to summarize, look for the "Worksheet Commands" topic in your on-line help.

Wow. Thanks for getting back so quickly, and the summarize tool works wonders. But I'm still having problems with the initial set up of the window schedule. Where is the best place to identify window information? When I ID windows on the model layer, I can edit the info in the object info palette with ease. However, it seems to me that the model layer isn't the best place to annotate a drawing (I run into problems later when scaling the viewport because the ID hexagon is scaled as well). But in the viewport sheet, window ids disappear/are replaced and phantom ids remain on the schedule even after being deleted. And in the viewport annotation level, I can't even ID the windows using the ID tool. That said, if there's an easier way to ID windows and send them to the schedule, please let me know. If not, that might be something to think about for vworks 12.