texture on walls in front or other views

BisbeeBlue

I can get a texture (adobe brick) to appear in a top/plan view. When I look at it from the front, the texture doesn't show and the walls are all transparent. The only way I've found to see the walls as opaque is to use artistic rendering, but this doesn't show the brick hatch.

I admit to being a newbie, but several readings of the manual do not seem to suggest how I can make this happen. Directions or reference to a source greatly appreciated.

Actually I have a brick hatch and I'm trying to apply it to a wall created as a portion of a house. The hatch is visible in the top/plan view, but doesn't show up anywhere else. I would like to render or view it in 3D and have the walls be opaque and show the selected hatch.

I seem to be missing some fundamental trick to VW as I am also unable to put a simple shed roof over this addition. The manuals have given me little to work with.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

OK, a hatch is a 2D (plan) only attribute; You can, however, draw a hatch into the annotation group of the elevation viewport of the building. If you want it to render in 3D, use a texture instead of a hatch. As for roofs, do a search for "create roof" on your online help and browse the help topics.